Scholarship essay heading format Copy Cover Letter Resume Format Download Pdf WordPress com Sample Cover Letter For Resume Template Career Opportunities Military Guide College Scholarship .
Scholarship Letter Doc Example Good Resume Template Carpinteria Rural Friedrich jsa form pdf.
How to Write an Essay in Five Easy Steps Quotes by Scribendi Course Hero.
Essay Example Scholarship Essays High School Personal Statement outline of scholarship cover letter form.
sample essay college scholarships Sample biography essay about myself sample essay college scholarships Sample biography essay about myself Resume Go.
Writing scholarship application letters.
professional school scholarship essay advice freshers resume samples freshers scholarship essay questions examples higher samples resume for fresher easy.
EDUC Scholarship Applications UNC Course Hero.
at an accredited college or university Applicant must be a U S Citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States Scholarship recipient will ncqik limdns org free resume cover letters microsoft word .
Sample Scholarship Essay Documents in PDF Word Application essay scholarship Pinterest Writing A Good Persuasive Essay Introduction college scholarship introduction to persuasive essay.
resume for scholarship .
Chance at science essay years winners of writers certificates are awarded Presidential library and regional levels sticker templates to .
how scholarships help essay All About Essay Example Galle Co Buy Mba Thesis Online buy mba.
Essay Doc Essay Medical School Personal Statement muchimdns.
at an accredited college or university Applicant must be a U S Citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States Scholarship recipient will Course Hero.
Personal essay examples for scholarship Phd Cover Letter Resume Format Download Pdf JFC CZ as.
Sample Scholarship Essay pdf ncqik limdns org free resume cover letters microsoft word .
synthesis essays see synthesis essay order cheap service examples esl scholarship essay writing service for mba Carpinteria Rural Friedrich.
Scholarship Essay Assignment doc Writing with Detail i need an essay Brefash Scholarship Application Essay PDF by lvb i need an essay Brefash Scholarship Application Essay PDF by lvb.
Scholarship Essay Assignment doc Writing with Detail .
How To Ask For A Letter Of Recommendation For Scholarship Sample Fcmag ru.
sample college essay for engineering TidyForm.
sample college essay for engineering Writing A Scholarship Essay Examples.
NURSING NRS V Concepts in Community and Public Health resume example docx professional template application letter for internal uncategorized.
essay for scholarship doc ESSAY Tell us what your anticipated.
Women in Technology Scholarship Essay Contest.
english essay english essay doc english essay upsr results PDFfiller FREE Essay on Microsoft Company History scholarship essay builder.
Scholarship Letter Doc Example Good Resume Template Other Related Materials.
Click Here Ascend Surgical.
Essays about service above self AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News Formal Scholarship Essay.
sample advanced essays resume for college examples resume with college degree sample high school student resume for college admissions.
Exam essay question format College application essay service best buy resume application scholarship Docstoc Sample Request For Scholarship Grant DOC Throughout Scholarship Cover.
Sample Scholarship Application Essay Examples in Word PDF scholarship essay about yourself examples scholarship essay Essay How To Write A Winning Scholarship Essay In.
Sample Scholarship Essay Forms and Templates Fillable Lucaya International School letter of proposal business proposal sample letter pdf project Resume Template Essay Sample Free Essay Sample.
Sample Motivation Letter For Phd Scholarship Application Pdf Sample Motivation Letter For Phd Scholarship Application Pdf.
The Scholarship Essay Examples Templates in PDF Word Excel Personal statement for scholarship sample doc.
Sample Scholarship Essay pdf.
personal essay examples for scholarship PDFfiller.
english essay english essay doc english essay upsr results.
Sample Self Introduction Essay Scholarship Essay Course Hero.
Scholarship Essay Example Samples in Word PDF Prompt Scholarship Essay Example Samples in Word PDF Prompt.
Sample College Essay Examples in Word PDF Diamond Geo Engineering Services.
Popular university scholarship essay samples Background image of page .
essay for scholarship doc ESSAY Tell us what your anticipated PDFfiller.
Sample Scholarship Application Essay AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News.
scholarship essay beginning Essay School Essay Examples Example scholarship essays .
Educational goals essay scholarship Lucaya International School.
synthesis essays see synthesis essay order cheap service examples AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News pages Senior Essays docx.
Scholarship Essay Example doc .
standard business essay format.
at an accredited college or university Applicant must be a U S Citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States Scholarship recipient will TidyForm.
pages Tompkins Notes EDUC text MMA Life.
Personal Essay Examples pdf pages HISPANIC College Fund APPLICATION FI baiktasweb.
Essay Contest Certificates Templates Essay for you AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News pages GMSP Class Of Essays pdf.
The Scholarship Essay Examples Templates in PDF Word Excel House Cleaning Resume.
Scholarship Letter Doc AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News.
Essay topics on foreign aid Common Scholarship Essay.
finance essay local government finance essay relationship between finance essaynhs essays examples nhs sample essays national.
Essay cover letter sample AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News sample act essay act essay tips scholarship essay format example writing an essay.
Free College Recommendation Letter Music Student Doc Pdf Page S Category Writing Eee bbe c c fdbe PSV Herford.
synthesis essays see synthesis essay order cheap service examples Sample Templates.
Best ideas about Essay Examples on Pinterest Essay writing english essay doc traffic congestion essay traffic congestion analysis paralysis.
AP Essay lined paper doc Write in the box the number of the i need an essay Brefash Scholarship Application Essay PDF by lvb i need an essay Brefash Scholarship Application Essay PDF by lvb.
Sample Motivation Letter For Phd Scholarship Application Pdf Sample Motivation Letter For Phd Scholarship Application Pdf Course Hero.
how to write a scholarship essay samples Sample Essay Letter AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News.
scholarship cover letter help why i deserve this scholarship essay receipts template.
Essay sample doc Domov Sample College Essay.
Educational goals essay scholarship Sample Essay Module C Ted Hughes Fulbright Scholars the St George s Cathedral Perth Sample Essay Module C Ted Hughes Fulbright Scholars the St George s .
sample advanced essays jsa form pdf.
personal argument essay examples Azeam Anjum April Anjum For some people deciding a career is one of the most difficult obstacles to tackle I am different though .
Writing scholarship application letters.
sample short story essays Biodata Sheet Com scholarship application form doc.
Scholarship Letter Doc PDFfiller.
Essay Scholarship Application Essay Doc Essay Medical School Personal Statement Length .
sample college essay for engineering Scholarship Letter Doc .
Choose Home Security Scholarship Contest Course Hero.
Professional scholarship essay editing service for university AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News Doc Essay First Resume Examples Resume Objective Examples First Job.
Doc Sample Essay Letter how to write a scholarship .
sample college essay for engineering community service scholarship essay www gxart orgexamples of personal reflective essaysrated personal reflection essay examples essay.
Sample Scholarship Essay Documents in PDF Word PDFfiller.
Educational goals essay scholarship Copy Cover Letter Resume Format Download Pdf WordPress com Sample Cover Letter For Resume Template Career Opportunities Military Guide College Scholarship .
sample short story essays.
Sample Scholarship Essay Forms and Templates Fillable .
Apa research paper doc.
Write my popular scholarship essay on civil war.
word college essay.
jsa form pdf AppTiled com Unique App Finder Engine Latest Reviews Market News.
Educational goals essay scholarship Ascend Surgical resume for college examples resume with college degree sample high school student resume for college admissions.
Scholarship Letter Samples Scholarship Letter Scholarship Letter Samples Scholarship Letter essay FAMU Online.
sample short story essays Wisconsin Perfusion Society community service scholarship essay www gxart orgexamples of personal reflective essaysrated personal reflection essay examples essay.
Example of an essay for scholarship.
Essay Contest Certificates Templates Essay for you.
sample advanced essays Choose Home Security .
Scholarship Essay Assignment doc Writing with Detail Chater Meat Market.
Sample Schoolarship Application Essay.
Top scholarship essay writer for hire for mba ncqik limdns org free resume cover letters microsoft word how scholarships help essay All About Essay Example Galle Co Buy Mba Thesis Online buy mba.
Freshers Resume Samples Resume Samples For Freshers Bcom .
Sample Scholarship Essay Documents in PDF Word Lucaya International School.
Resume Scholarship Resume Format Download Pdf.
Related post for Scholarship essay doc
The Gates Millennium Scholarship program is hugely impactful; since 2000, over 17,000 scholars have received over $845 million in scholarship aid. These numbers are overwhelming in the most amazing way possible.
The program's mission is to provide opportunities for outstanding minority students to reach their highest potential. I'll go through all the details of the scholarship and the application protocols; after that, I'll give you tips & strategies to putting together the strongest Gates Millennium Scholarship application possible. Read on to learn more!
NOTE: 2016 was the last year for the Gates Millenium Scholarship Program. We'll update this page when more information about future programs becomes available.
What Is the Gates Millennium Scholarship?
The primary mission of the Gates Millennium Scholarship includes increasing the numbers of underrepresented minorities in computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health, and the sciences. Through offering outstanding scholars better educational opportunities, the program aims to develop a diversified group of future leaders for America.
Even compared to other impressive corporate scholarship programs, the Gates Millennium Scholarship seems especially comprehensive and generous. It offers funding, of course, but it also offers a structure of support, guidance, and mentorship that could potentially continue through graduate school.
Overall, this scholarship provides:
- Renewable educational funding - the scholarship covers any unmet need and self-help aid (i.e. instead of having to take loans and a work-study job, the scholarship would cover those Cost of Attendance expenses).
- Graduate school funding for continuing scholars if they pursue degrees in computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science.
- Leadership development programs with personal, academic, and professional growth opportunities
The total amount you're eligible to receive will depend on your amount of unmet need. Unmet need is the difference between your school’s Cost of Attendance (room, board, tuition, fees, books, personal expenses) and the amount you’ve received in grants or scholarships. The larger your unmet need, the larger your scholarship award.
Your total scholarship amount will also depend on how long you’re able to renew the scholarship. If you meet renewal qualifications, you could theoretically receive the funds covering all unmet need for 4 years of undergrad AND for graduate school. 14% of GMS winners transition to a GMS-funded field for graduate school.
The average Gates Millennium Scholarship award between the 2001-2014 academic years was $12,492.
How Do You Know If You're Eligible?
To be considered for the scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
Must be African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American
Must be a US citizen, legal permanent resident, or national
Must have a cumulative 3.3 GPA on an unweighted 4.0 scale, or have a GED
Must demonstrate leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
Must meet federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria. This means you must demonstrate significant financial need - check out our Pell Grant eligibility guide to learn more.
Must be enrolled at a US accredited college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student
If you meet all of the above eligibility criteria, you're on the right track to getting a Gates Millennium Scholarship.
What Information Do You Need to Apply?
Before you get to work on your application, you'll need to gather some important information.
From your guidance counselor, you'll need:
- Your class rank
- Your class size
- Your full academic record
- Your cumulative GPA
You'll also need to prepare names, dates, and descriptions of participation for the following:
- A list of your leadership roles and experiences
- A list of community service experiences
- A list of employment experiences
You'll also need some family financial information, including:
- Your status as either a dependent or an independent student
- Your personal gross annual income from the past year
The application you’ll need to fill out is lengthy, with many open-ended questions. These questions ask you to comment on a variety of topics - here's a list of all the essay questions you'll need to answer:
1. Discuss the subjects in which you excel or have excelled. To what factors do you attribute your success?
2. Discuss the subjects in which you have had difficulty. What factors do you believe contributed to your difficulties? How have you dealt with them so they will not cause problems for you again? In what areas have you experienced the greatest improvement? What problem areas remain?
3. Briefly describe a situation in which you felt that you or others were treated unfairly or were not given an opportunity you felt you deserved. Why do you think this happened? How did you respond? Did the situation improve as a result of your response?
4. Discuss your short and long-term goals. Are some of them related? Which are priorities?
5. Discuss a leadership experience you have had in any area of your life: school, work, athletics, family, church, community, etc. How and why did you become a leader in this area? How did this experience influence your goals?
6. Discuss your involvement in and contributions to a community near your home, school or elsewhere. Please select an experience different from the one you discussed in the previous question, even if this experience also involved leadership. What did you accomplish? How did this experience influence your goals?
7. Other than through classes in school, in what areas (non-academic or academic) have you acquired knowledge or skills? How?
8. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about that may help us evaluate your nomination (i.e., personal characteristics, obstacles you have overcome)?
9. ONLY for Nominees who graduated from high school or earned their GED more than one year ago: Describe those activities in which you have participated since completing high school (e.g., community service, leadership, employment) that you believe qualify you for this scholarship.
How Do You Submit An Application?
The application for the 2016-2017 academic year opened on August 1, 2015. The application deadline was January 13, 2016. The application period is now over. The deadlines each year are usually around January, right around when college applications are due as well.
You can submit an application online here.
Strategies: How to Increase Your Chances of Winning a Gates Millennium Scholarship
It's time to get tactical.
Hundreds of scholarships are awarded through this program every year, but that doesn’t mean this scholarship isn’t competitive - if you want a chance at winning, you’ll have to dedicate yourself 100% to the application process. Winners come from all over the country, but many scholarship recipients end up at prestigious college schools, including Harvard, Yale, Emory, Cornell, Dartmouth, and more.
The strategies that I'll present won't just help you strengthen your application for the Gates Millennium Scholarship - they'll also help you more generally with your college applications. The best candidates for the Gates scholarship will be motivated, high-achieving students with strong resumes, transcripts, and test scores - basically, the sort of students who prepare themselves well for college. As you might expect, the best way to effectively implement these strategies will be to start as early as possible.
If you're in your early high school years ...
Demonstrate Academic Excellence
Competition for this scholarship will be stiff. In order to be a strong applicant, you should strive for more than the minimum GPA (3.3). Take advanced or AP classes when available, and actively seek out extra help from your teachers in your weaker subjects. Take those opportunities to develop strong relationships with teachers, tutors, or mentors.
Demonstrate Leadership Skills
Scholarships like the Gates Millennium Scholarship want to invest in future leaders and pioneers. One of the best ways to demonstrate your leadership potential is to actively develop your leadership skills as a student. You can do this by:
- Actively participating in class. Volunteer to lead discussions or group projects. Help out other classmates who may be struggling with a particular problem or concept.
- Joining clubs or extracurricular activities that ignite your passions or interests. Focus on quality over quantity; invest in fewer activities, but stick with them. If the opportunity presents itself, move up to team captain or to a club officer role. The more your instructors, coaches, and peers respect you, the easier it will be to assume a leadership role.
Commit to Community Service
Scholarship programs like the Gates aren't just for helping individuals achieve their own personal goals - they're also for aiding in the betterment of whole communities. An ideal scholarship applicant will use opportunities that they'll get through the Gates Scholarship to give back to their communities in one way or another.
You can demonstrate your commitment to community service by choosing, and sticking with, a community service or volunteer position. Ideally, it should be something you participate in on a weekly basis. If you’re thoughtful about choosing where you volunteer, and spend time doing something you’re passionate about, it’ll pay off when you submit your scholarship application.
Develop Relationships with Educators and Mentors
It's important that you have wise people around you that can offer trusted guidance and advice. It's also important that you have good relationships with people who can serve as recommenders.
If you have respect for a particular class or extracurricular activity, your teacher or mentor will come to respect you - that’s step #1. To work on further developing these relationships, you can:
- Go to office hours to ask for extra help on tricky problems or concepts.
- Actively participate in class, practice, or club meetings.
- Go to your teachers, coaches, or mentors with questions that may be outside the scope of your regular curriculum; this demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
If you're getting ready to apply for the scholarship ...
It’s important to give your nomination and recommendation writers plenty of advance notice - you can’t really decide to apply to this scholarship last-minute. Aim for a 12-week window; this will give you and your writers plenty of time to put together a strong application.
Invest In Your Essays
If the scholarship evaluators only cared about your grades and resume, they wouldn’t ask you to write 8 (or 9) full essays. Here are tips for tackling these open-ended questions:
Make sure you’re answering every part of the essay prompt in your response. Most essay questions have multiple parts.
Elaborate - don’t just provide a list as a response, or give a yes/no answer. The evaluators want to see that you’re thoughtful.
- Example for essay #1 (Discuss the subjects in which you excel or have excelled. To what factors do you attribute your success?): A poor response might be "Biology, because I really like biology." A strong response might explain why you decided to take biology, the specific units you were most interested in, what personal qualities or situational factors affected your performance, and FINALLY how your performance in this class affected your future goals or inspired you.
- Example for essay #3 (Briefly describe a situation in which you felt that you or others were treated unfairly or were not given an opportunity you felt you deserved. Why do you think this happened? How did you respond? Did the situation improve as a result of your response?): A poor response might discuss a relatively personal petty experience, such as being grounded undeservedly. A strong response might discuss a social or institutional injustice or unfairness, like a classmate being bullied. If you did something to address this injustice, you should definitely explain what happened. If you failed to take action, explain why, and discuss what you learned from the experience & how you plan to act differently in the future.
- Example for essay #4 (Discuss your short and long-term goals. Are some of them related? Which are priorities?): A poor response would be focused on superficial measures of success, like financial wealth or prestige. A strong response might discuss the development of personal qualities that align with the scholarship's own goals. What sort of leader do you want to become? How do you want to contribute to your community in the future? How will your more concrete educational and career goals going to propel you forward in these domains?
- Make your goals clear. Why do you want this scholarship? You don’t want to worry about paying for college, sure, but how will winning this scholarship affect your long-term and short-term academic and career goals? Most importantly, how will it enable you? You’ll get brownie points if your goals include pursuing one of those underrepresented fields (computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science), or if your future goals include serving others in some capacity.
The more thoughtful and clear you are in describing your goals, the more impressed the scholarship evaluators will be.
Craft a narrative. Make sure all your essays work together to tell one unified, logical story. Before you start writing, come up with 2-3 points that you want to get across about who you are. Maybe you want evaluators to know that you’re empathetic, hard-working, and interested in mental health; maybe you want them to know that you’re focused, ambitious, and passionate about social justice issues. All of your essays should ultimately serve to clarify on these points.
Don't be afraid to brag (to an extent). Bring up any honors, awards, accolades, promotions, or fancy titles. You earned them - talk about them! It’s helpful to make a comprehensive of all of these things before you start writing your essays so that you don’t forget anything important.
But also be humble - very few people can attribute their success solely to their own hard work. Did your family, friends, teachers, coaches, or mentors support you or offer guidance? Don’t be afraid to partially attribute your accomplishments to them, as well as to your own efforts. Evaluators won’t see that as a weakness, but as insightful self-awareness.
Stay positive. This is especially important for the questions asking about hardships or difficulties, academically or otherwise. Be frank and honest about things you’ve struggled with, but also maintain a matter-of-fact tone. Express optimism and positivity about future outcomes and goals after you discuss difficulties or disappointments.
Choose Your Nominators and Recommenders Wisely
Nominator - This individual should be a teacher that you have a long-standing, positive, even personal relationship with. If your nominator doesn’t provide a strong and well-written response to the question about why you should win the scholarship, chances are your application won’t be given much thought.
Recommender - This person will have to include detailed, glowing anecdotes and accounts of your personal relationships with others in addition to your academic/extracurricular performances. It would be ideal if you could ask someone to serve as your recommender who knows you in multiple contexts (e.g. a teacher who serves as a club head, coach, or personal mentor). This should be an individual with whom you feel very comfortable.
One of the best ways to make yourself a strong Gates Scholarship Applicant? Set your goals high: be a strong college applicant. Check out our guides to getting perfect SAT scores and ACT scores, and our infographic on getting into your top choice colleges.
Maybe you have more questions and Pell Grant eligibility since you have to meet those criteria in order to receive the Gates Scholarship. Read more about the Pell Grant and its eligibility criteria.
Want to improve your SAT score by 160 points or your ACT score by 4 points? We've written a guide for each test about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at improving your score. Download it for free now: